Its different ability likely comes from its diet of the Khezu, just like how the common Nerscylla can secrete poison due to feeding on Gypceros.
Shrouded Nerscylla can inflict paralysis with its back spikes and claws, and seems to demonstrate a mastery of web traversal, able to change direction mid-air by swinging on a different thread.
The prefix Shrouded was chosen because it describes the way that the monster wears a hide as a hood, and at the same time associates it with death and the grim reaper.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Poison Spikes (x2)|
- Its back can be broken twice, along with its legs and claws.
- Unlike the regular Nerscylla, Shrouded Nerscylla can perform several web pendulum attacks before it lands.
- Getting hit by its back spines will cause Paralysis.
- Breaking the back spines prevents Shrouded Nerscylla to inflick Paralysis with the pendlum attack.
- During the localization process, potential name candidates for Shrouded Nerscylla included Reaper Nerscylla and Grim Nerscylla.