Similar to Blangonga and Rajang in build, Slicemargl are large quadrupeds with canine-esque faces. Their bodies are covered in a black and white striped pelt, and blade-like bones protrude from their arms and back. Much like the aforementioned Fanged Beast species, Slicemargl are often seen traversing on their fists.
Slicemargl employ their raw physical prowess and bladed bones during combat, using their sharp bones to inflict Stabbed on targets. Although Slicemargl mainly engage in melee combat, they are capable of launching the bones on their backs while airborne. While damaging a Slicemargl's bladed bones can restrict its abilities, these bones can slowly regenerate over time.
Slicemargl prefer pursuing stronger prey such as Khezu and Ice Chramine, compared to weaker prey like Anteka or Blango. For unknown reasons, Slicemargl are even known to protect the latter, similar to a Gurenzeburu's treatment of Erupe and Burukku. Slicemargl are typically solidary creatures, however they can be occasionally spotted hunting in pairs.
Effectiveness Diagram (MHO)
Information sourced from ingame Ecology Illustration chart.
- Unlike most other monsters, a Slicemargl will not roar upon becoming enraged. Instead, they will slam their arms on the ground, extending the bones on their arms in the process.
- Slicemargl's eyes also glow red and leave trails while enraged.
- Slicemargl's head, forearms, back and tail can be wounded.
- The bones on Slicemargl's forearms can only be wounded while they are enraged. Wounding them momentarily stuns the Slicemargl, as well as preventing that arm from inflicting Stabbed. However, these bones will regenerate over the course of the hunt, regaining their ability to inflict Stabbed if allowed to fully regrow.
- Wounding the bones on a Slicemargl's back prevents it from launching bones while jumping or landing. However, just like their forearms, these bones will attempt to regenerate as well.