Similar to Blangongas and Rajangs in build, Slicemargls are large quadrupeds with canine-esque faces with two tusks. Their bodies are covered in a white pelt with black stripes, and steel sharp blade-like bones protrude from their arms and backs. Much like the aforementioned Fanged Beast species, Slicemargls are often seen walking on their fists.
Slicemargl's heavily rely on their agility and the blade-like bones in battle, with their punches oftentimes inflicting the Stabbed ailment onto Hunters. They are also capable of launching the bones on their backs far distances while jumping. If the bones are damaged they can regenerate them given time.
Slicemargl prefer going after stronger prey such as Khezu's and Ice Chramine's compared to weaker prey like Anteka or Blango and are even known to protect the latter options amongst others similarly to Gurenzeburu, the reason for such behavior is unknown. They are very solitary normally however they can be occasionally spotted hunting in pairs.
Effectiveness Diagram (MHO)
Information sourced from ingame Ecology Illustration chart.
- Unlike most other monsters, Slicemargls do not roar when they enter Rage Mode. Instead, they will slam their arms on the ground in front of them, extending the bones on their arms in the process.
- Slicemargl's eyes also glow red and leave trails while enraged.
- Slicemargls' head, forearms, back and tail can be wounded.
- The bones on Slicemargls' forearms can only be wounded while they are enraged. Wounding them stuns the Slicemargl for a few seconds, as well as preventing that arm from inflicting Stabbed. However, these bones will regenerate over the course of the hunt, regaining their ability to inflict Stabbed if allowed to fully regrow.
- Wounding the bones on a Slicemargl's back prevents it from launching bones while jumping or landing. However, just like their forearms, their backs will attempt to regenerate the bones.