The Terra Shogun Ceanataur has the same elemental weakness, apart from an additional vulnerability to Water on its rear shell. Instead of blue and grey, it is black and a reddish-orange color. Instead of a normal Gravios Skullshell on its back, it has a Black Gravios Skullshell.
Terra Shogun Ceanataur, as is normal for a rarer subspecies, is slightly stronger, faster and has more health than the common species.
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Introduced)
For more information, see Terra Shogun Ceanataur Carves
For more information, see Terra Shogun Ceanataur Equipment
For more images, see Terra Shogun Ceanataur Photo Gallery
- It can shoot water out of the shell even when its not on a cavern ceiling.
- Unlike the normal Shogun Ceanataur, which utilizes three different shells (Unknown wyvern skull theorized to be lavasioth, Gravios Skull and Conch Shell), it always wears a Black Gravios skull.
- Breaking its Black Gravios skull once or twice yields a Black Gravios Skull Shell.
- When weak, Terra Shogun Ceanataur rests in Area 7 of the Old Swamp.
- Like the Shogun Ceanataur, breaking one of its claws leaves the monster in rage mode for the rest of the quest.
- Terra Shogun's claws are relatively soft, and its shell relatively hard - the opposite of the normal Shogun Ceanataur.
- "Terra" means "Earth" in Latin, and relates to the Terra Shogun Ceanataur in that its materials imply it's earth-based, as well as the color of soil or terracotta clay.
- It has a slightly larger pincers than the Shogun Ceanataur.
- Just like the Shogun Ceanataur when enraged its pincers will extend increasing its range.