Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the living axe-shaped cannonball, Desert Seltas , and his cannon happy mate, Desert Seltas Queen!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Equipment
Interesting Facts About Desert Seltas and Desert Seltas Queen
- Order: Coleoptera
- Suborder: Adephaga
- Family: Seltas
- Desert Seltas is a true Subspecies of the Seltas.
- He lives in the same areas as the Seltas but, can also be found in the harsh desert, unlike them.
- His title, Axe Beetle, comes from his horns resembling an axe in shape. These horns are used to help it burrow into the ground, where they spend most of their time. When prey is around, they will burrow out and strike prey from the air.
- His horns are able to pierce through rock with great speed behind him and also pulls out objects when he tears out the rock.
- The Desert Seltas has a thin protective film layer made of his body fluids, allowing it to freely dig without any problems.
- This Seltas is able to produce a paralyzing venom found through out his body and that he fires from his abdomen.
- Due to this guy being tougher than the other Seltas Species, he was put into G-Rank.
- The Desert Seltas' wings are thin and strong in nature.
- His colors have evolved to fit with the Dunes environment.
Desert Seltas Queen
- The Desert Seltas Queen is a true Subspecies of the Seltas Queen.
- Unlike the Desert Seltas, she can only be seen living in desert areas such as the Dunes and some parts of the Everwood.
- Her colors have changed to fit with the sand of the desert.
- She is most active at night.
- Her tail pincers are much longer than the Selta Queen's due to her using them to rip sleeping Desert Seltas out of the sand, forcing them to fight along side her by using her pheromones.
- The reason she gets the title, Cannon Beetle, is because she is able to shoot a powerful high-compressed substance from her mandibles and perform an attack known by the Guild as the Super Beetle Cannon. This attack is performed by using a Desert Seltas and by firing this highly-compressed substance together with great force to attack threats at great distances. This force kills the Desert Seltas on impact, causing him to fall into pieces. After he is killed, she will smell around the area and dig into the ground to find a replacement Desert Seltas.
- The Desert Seltas' role to the Desert Seltas Queen is just as a disposable ammo but they don't mind dying at all.
- It is known now that she eats the Desert Seltas like the other Seltas Queen.
- She is the most dangerous Neopteron known thus far.
- Her shell is thick and shoots out steam from her body. It's very tough around her legs.
Seltas's and Seltas Queen's BGM
|MH4: Medium Monster Music Theme|
|MH4: Heaven's Mount Music Theme|
|Title||MH4G - G★2 - ゲネル・セルタス亜種 Desert Seltas Queen|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.