Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the Abyssal Dragon, Namielle!
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Equipment
Interesting Facts About Namielle
Order: Elder Dragon - Suborder: Unknown - Infraorder: Abyssal Dragon - Family: Namielle
- Namielle is an Elder Dragon that was seemingly first reported by the First Fleet when they arrived in the New World. While following a Kushala Daora via ship, another Elder Dragon came out of the abyss and attacked the Kushala Daora, causing the First Fleet's ship to collide with some rocks during the battle.
- It seems Namielle and Kushala Daora might have some kind of rivalry.
- Although not much is known about this Elder Dragon, Namielle is thought to be related to Chameleos in some form.
- Namielle can be found inhabiting the Coral Highlands and the Coral Region of the Guiding Lands. It rains in an area constantly whenever a Namielle appears in an environment.
- Seemingly, Namielle is capable of swimming and might usually be found deep in the ocean.
- Namielle is an Elder Dragon that controls water. The key to this ability is its skin, which is made of a soft, flexible muscle tissue that can easily take in moisture from the surrounding air and keep said moisture from escaping from its body. It uses the water it has collected as a mucous membrane that reduces the impact of attacks.
- Whenever a Namielle appears in an environment, it'll rain constantly in that locale.
- Namielle is the master of water, using various attacks involving the element. However, emitting water causes its mucous membrane to decrease, and its skin becomes more vulnerable while it's dry.
- It seems a special substance can be found in the water it uses. This substance could explain how Namielle's water can stay on the field for extended periods.
- It's recommended for hunters to use brightmoss and other types of slinger ammo to remove any nearby sources of water that Namielle might use.
- Although Namielle primarily uses water, it has a special organ in its body that generates electricity. The brighter blue Namielle is, the more electricity the organ is producing.
- Namielle has a luminescent glow throughout its body, giving it vibrant colors that are rarely seen in nature. Like some species of marine life, Namielle uses counter-illumination, allowing it to melt into the background of its environment.
If you missed last week's Monster Appreciation Week, Blackveil Vaal Hazak, you all are still more then welcome to comment on it!