Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the purple enemy crab, Plum Daimyo Hermitaur!
Interesting Facts About Daimyo Hermitaur
- Order: Decapoda
- Infraorder: Brachyura
- Superfamily: Shield Crab
- Family: Hermitaur
- Daimyo Hermitaur prefer areas with abundant water sources and wide open sands.
- They are omnivores and will feed on plants, insects, smaller animals etc. that are in the sand.
- Hermitaur even have a taste for humans.
- They use their claws to dig up food.
- When they are young, they wear organic shells on their backs but as they get older they wear monster skulls, those in particular belonging to the Blos Wyverns. The reason for this is because the Blo's skull is good to flick sand and rock while digging and, can be used as a weapon while fighting.
- Despite their size, they are pretty quick on their feet.
- Pearls form in the skull do to body fluids and sand after long periods of time.
- The claws of a Daimyo Hermitaur are very thick.
- Daimyo Hermitaur's claws become its enemy when it guards covers itself. The reason why is because it can't see while guarding itself and it makes it easier for monsters to grab it or roar at it shocking it and making it lose its balance. From this it makes it vulnerable to attacks.
- The HC Daimyo Hermitaur seem to be a mutation of sorts of the Daimyo Hermitaur.
- The Plum Daimyo Hermitaur is just a variant of the normal one. It changes color due to it feeding on unusual foods that discolor it.
- The Plum Daimyo Hermitaur is a lot more aggressive than a normal Daimyo, the most likely reason why is because of its color.
- Its armor is described sometimes to be both weaker and stronger than a normal Daimyo's armor, in some cases.
- Despite its color, it still has a strong fire and heat resistance but its extremely sensitive to the cold.
Daimyo Hermitaur's BGM
|MH2/MHF2 Desert Theme|
|Title||MH4G - G★1 - ダイミョウザザミ亜種 Plum Daimyo Hermitaur|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.