Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the first of the new variants in Iceborne, Shrieking Legiana!
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Equipment
Interesting Facts About Shrieking Legiana
Order: Saurischia - Suborder: Wyvern Feet - Superfamily: Expanding Wing Wyvern - Family: Legiana
- A variant of Legiana found in the Hoarfrost Reach and Tundra region of the Guiding Lands, Shrieking Legiana is a special individual that has adapted to those cold environments and changed.
- Although Shara Ishvalda's recent activities caused the Legiana Migration, this natural phenomenon does normally occur for the flocks of Legiana in the New World. Large numbers of Legiana gather together in the Hoarfrost Reach to breed like some birds. Outside of breeding, some individuals continue to go to the Hoarfrost Reach after the Legiana Migration. It is believed that female Legiana move there to give birth and care for their young.
- From living in those areas, Shrieking Legiana's ice abilities have been enhanced, and its strength has increased. It can create spires of ice by releasing a freezing liquid from the blue glands on its body.
- Noticeably, Shrieking Legiana has more blue glands on its body compared to a normal Legiana. It even developed some on its legs.
- Shrieking Legiana is known to be often followed by another Legiana. It's unclear why, but the other Legiana could either be Shrieking Legiana's mate or its subordinate.
- Shrieking Legiana will screech to call for other Legiana to join it in battle.
If you missed last week's Monster Appreciation Week, Brachydios, you all are still more then welcome to comment on it!