Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the Flasher, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku!
Monster Hunter: World Equipment
Interesting Facts About Tzitzi-Ya-Ku
- Known as the Dizzy Bird (Japanese 眩鳥), Tzitzi-Ya-Ku is a Bird Wyvern unique to the Coral Highlands.
- Despite not being able to fly, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku is quite large for its size compared to other flightless Bird Wyverns.
- Tzitzi-Ya-Ku is a predator that is known to feed Wingdrakes, the Raphinos in particular, as well as scavage off dead bodies.
- This Bird Wyvern is known to steal kills from Shamos packs when given the opportunity.
- Tzitzi-Ya-Ku has a unique, pulsing organ on its head that is able to produce powerful flash called a photophore (Japanese 発光膜). Tzitzi-Ya-Ku uses this organ to blind flying Wingdrakes, knocking them out of the sky with a single flash, before finishing them off with a strike from its foot claws. It can also use this organ to blind predators before making a quick escape.
- Its flash is strong enough to blind Flying Wyverns as well.
- Unlike Gypceros, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku's flash doesn't cover a wide area around it but rather a certain radius in front of it.
- It has sharp claws on both its hands and feet for slicing up prey. They are known for using their feet to deliver deadly kicks with their sharp foot claws.
- Tzitzi-Ya-Ku are known to leave gashes in the ground with their foot claws, occasionally.
- Tzitzi-Ya-Ku's main enemies are Shamos. These small Fanged Wyverns are known to attack Tzitzi-Ya-Ku and Tzitzi-Ya-Ku are known to attack them, even stealing kills from each other. Shamos also hate the bright flash Tzitzi-Ya-Ku produces with its photophore.
|Coral Highlands: Medium Monsters Abound|
|Title||Monster Hunter World - TGS 2017 Trailer|
by Monster Hunter
|Title||Monster Hunter World - Rotten Vale Trailer|
by Monster Hunter
|Title||Monster Hunter World Tzitzi-Ya-Ku Boss Fight 9 (Solo Long Sword)|
by Boss Fight Database
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.