Hello, and welcome to Monster Appreciation Week!
This week we look at the Final Boss of MHW, better known as the Emperor of Elder Dragons, Xeno'jiiva!
Monster Hunter: World Equipment
Interesting Facts About Xeno'jiiva
- Xeno'jiiva is an Elder Dragon that was recently discovered by the Research Commission and Hunter's Guild, and is a complete mystery to them. So far, no legends or documents have been found about this mysterious Elder Dragon, but one specimen was discovered by an A-Lister. After it was discovered, the Hunter's Guild gave it its name and the title Dark Light Dragon (Japanese 冥灯龍).
- The Third Fleet Master theorizes that Xeno'jiiva is a monster that needs to consume the energy of other life forms to survive and grow. She also thinks that Xeno'jiiva might've found the New World by accident and decided to stay, so it could gorge itself on the bioenergy from the dead Elder Dragons, eventually turning the environment into its own feeding ground.
- The Third Fleet Master also theorized that this may not be Xeno'jiiva's "original" form, that the individual that is seen in-game only became so big from it feeding on the bioenergy of Elder Dragons.
- In the Japanese version of Monster Hunter: World, it is mentioned that Xeno'jiiva seems to still be developing.
- It is believed that Xeno'jiiva used some kind of pheromones, or some other means, to attract other Elder Dragons to the New World to die so it could feed on their bioenergy. It is also believed that Xeno'jiiva is the reason why the Elder Crossing has been happening more frequently.
- Xeno'jiiva is able to control mysterious energy throughout its body that contains the Dragon Element. This energy is extremely hot and can heat up the crystals in its lair, the Confluence of Fates.
- Its veil is an organ that stores energy that can be released in a violent torrent.
- During growth, it is theorized that its horns help control its power.
- A Soulscale from Xeno'jiiva still vestiges of the hereafter.
- It is believed that the shell of Xeno'jiiva acts as a vessel for the flames of the underworld.
- It is said that Xeno'jiiva's claws are able to cleave souls from flesh.
- The wing membrane shines with the divine light of a powerful deity.
- Sometimes a phantasmal gem is formed inside the tissue of Xeno'jiiva. The power it holds defies comprehension.
|Title||Battle/Xeno'jiiva (Phase 1) [Monster Hunter World soundtrack]|
|Title||Battle/Xeno'jiiva (Phase 2) [Monster Hunter World soundtrack]|
|Title||Monster Hunter World Xeno'jiiva Final Boss Fight and Ending (Solo Long Sword)|
by Boss Fight Database
|Title||Monster Hunter World - Denouement|
|Title||Monster Hunter World - Emperor of Elder Dragons|
|Title||Quest Complete/Elder Dragon [Monster Hunter World soundtrack]|
|Title||Xeno'jiiva (Quest Available) [Monster Hunter World soundtrack]|
Next We- Huh?
We'll be taking a little break from the 5th Generation starting next week, so be ready to return to the 4th Generation for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate!