Its large, bright red crest over its blue hide signifies to other Velociprey that it is fit to be their leader.
Due to its usual weak physical strength, Velocidrome are forced to group up into packs whilst hunting.
Velocidrome acts as the leader of the Velociprey, taking responsibility of the pack. Velocidromes sometimes prefer two leaders in a pack because it improves the hunting strength of the pack and they can split into two groups for hunting.
Other Non Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Velocidrome
A Hard Core version of Velocidrome appears in Season 10 of Monster Hunter Frontier, with improved attacks and a new look making it the most powerful of the Dromes in the series. Aesthetic differences include red eyes, hooked beak, a different shaped crest and drooling when in Rage mode. New attacks include a spinning bite followed by tailwhip, a side-to-side jumping body-tackle and super jumping that causes small dust covers and small rocks popping up showing it is breaking the ground as it jumps. (Requires Quake resist +2 to escape).
SR100 HC Velocidrome is well known for killing hunters in one hit in even 600 defense.
G Rank (G級) Velocidrome (MHF-G)
At G Rank in Monster Hunter Frontier G, Velocidrome gains the ability to inflict up to 5 different status effects which are:
Sharpness Loss (Red), Drunk (White), Defense Reduction (Black), Soiled (Orange-Brown) and Farcaster (Green).
Click on Expand to see contents.
- Monster Hunter (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter G
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter 4
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Generations
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Frontier (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 2.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 3.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 5.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 6.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 7.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 8.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 9.0
- Monster Hunter Frontier Season 10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.1
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.2
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.3
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.4
- Monster Hunter Frontier Forward.5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G
- Monster Hunter Frontier G2
- Monster Hunter Frontier G3
- Monster Hunter Frontier G Genuine
- Monster Hunter Frontier G5
- Monster Hunter Frontier G6
- Monster Hunter Frontier G7
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8
- Monster Hunter Frontier G9
- Monster Hunter Frontier G10
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z Zenith
Analysis and Guides
For details on older games this monster has appeared in, see Velocidrome Guides.
|Velocidrome Analysis for Monster Hunter 4|
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
|Brighter Red means more damage, while Darker Red means lesser damage.|
Credits for the Images used above goes to kei_9 (ケイ) of Pixiv
|Raw Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Element Hitzone Damage Data|
|This Monster is weakest to:||Ice|
|Status Effects Data|
|Item Effectiveness Data|
Analysis Data Source/s:
|MH4: Aruserutasu, Great Jaggi, Velocidrome, Gendrome, Iodrome, Lagombi Battle Music|
MH4U Breakable Parts
- Among the raptorial Bird Wyverns, only Velocidrome and Gendrome have no breath attack.
- Velocidrome does not appear in Monster Hunter Tri, but a similar role is played by Great Jaggi, a raptorial Bird Wyvern that can summon younger individuals of the same species.
- In its introduction Scene, the Velocidrome is seen to raise its head and roar to call on Velocipreys, but Velocidrome never does this in battle during 1st and 2nd generation games, until the 4th generation.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- The Velocidrome's head can now be broken.
- Velocidrome is also now able to enter rage mode and be carved 3 times.
- Velocidrome's elemental weakness has changed from Thunder to Ice.
- Velocidrome also has a new Pin Attack.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- It can now call on Velociprey during battle, whereas in previous games it could not.
Monster Hunter Frontier
- Velocidrome gains 3 new attacks in G rank. Super high speed charging, 5 new types of spit attacks and a combo jump in air > spit any of its 5 types of spit > land > crest uppercut attack that launches hunters.
- White and Black spit causes Defense Down status effect.
- Red and Black spit causes weapons to lose sharpness.
- White spit causes Fatigue like walking.
- Brown spit causes the Soiled status effect.
- Green spit has the odd affect of a Farcaster sending the player back to camp.
Monster Hunter Online
- This monster is unlocked at Level 5.