White Fatalis is strikingly different in appearance from its relatives. It is covered in luminous white scales, and a line of fur runs down its back and tail. Its horns are antler-like in nature, and the structure of its head is significantly less reptilian than that of its counterparts. Like Kirin, the coat of a White Fatalis produces a bright white aura. When enraged, the throat and chest of the White Fatalis glow a menacing red and becomes surrounded with red lightning sparks.
It has the ability to call forth red lightning storms. The White Fatalis possesses an extremely powerful thunder sac that can be used to produce massive electrical projectiles from its mouth. It can also imbue its claw with red lightning to attack its adversaries.
- Monster Hunter 2 (Introduced)
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
G-Rank White Fatalis (Monster Hunter Frontier Z)
This version of White Fatalis is exclusive to the Hunting Road, only appearing every tenth stage. Many of its attacks with a mixed element called Emperor's Roar, but it can also create area-wide tremors and tremendous wind gusts to damage foes. During the second phase of the battle, White Fatalis' spikes and horns will glow red, and it's theme will change to an original arrangement.
Throughout the battle, G-Rank White Fatalis will occasionally fire a powerful breath attack into the sky, causing beams of light to rain down upon the players in the area. Contact with this attack will cause the hunter to instantly faint, replacing the normal fainting animation with the player simply disappearing—as if they were vaporized. Despite this unique fainting animation, the player will still respawn if they had not already fainted two other times. The only way to avoid this attack is by sheltering underneath the White Fatalis itself.
MH: White Fatalis Music Theme
MH4U Breakable Parts
- When the White Fatalis is in its enraged state, red markings appear on its face and chest, as well as red electrical currents around its body.
- At about 50% health, it activates "armor mode," where most melee attacks will bounce. At about 20% health, it leaves armor mode.
- In "armor mode," its attack and defense become improved; it is also much harder to hit its skin without bouncing off.
- When it is in Armor Mode, Barrel Bombs, Clust S, Gunlance Shells and Wyvern's Fire are all worth using, as they do a set amount of damage.
- White Fatalis can be paralyzed and put to sleep. However, it cannot be stunned by either a Hammer or a Hunting Horn.
- It is possible to break off both horns, scar the eye, scar the chest and damage the wing of White Fatalis for extra rewards.
- White Fatalis' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- White Fatalis is only unlocked via a downloaded quest (Ancestral Dragon) in MHF2. However, it can be unlocked in game at both HR6 & HR9 in MHFU and as a Downloadable quest at HR6 (The Big Daddy).
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Unlike Fatalis, White Fatalis will not flee until the complete time limit for the quest has been reached if enough damage is dealt.
- If it is hunted again after a repel, it will be back at full health and will not have any body parts broken.
- It activates only when it is in rage mode.
- Attacking its head, chests or its wings will not cause the weapon to bounce.
- White Fatalis will also fly around the "eclipse" above Castle Schrade while performing this attack.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate