The Wildspire Waste (Japanese 大蟻塚の荒地) is an area first introduced in Monster Hunter: World. This area is a vast desert with muddy marshes, twisted canyons, branching caverns, and sandy dunes. Few monsters are adapted to this harsh environment.
- Savage Deviljho
- Black Diablos
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Ebony Odogaron
- Southwest Camp (1) - Starting camp
- Central Camp (6) - Found in the center of the map, makes it easier to find monsters
- Northeast Camp (15) - Found near Protector village, makes hunting Diablos easier
- Eastern Camp (11) - Unlocked automatically
- The apex monsters of the Wildspire Waste are Diablos and Glavenus. 
- The Wildspire Waste's water is sourced from the Ancient Forest.
- The Wildspire Waste is filled with large ant mounds, hence its name in Japanese.
- Unlike the past deserts, this area has mudflat wetlands.
- Despite being at the top of the food chain, Diablos and its female counterpart Black Diablos, are actually herbivores.
- A gate leading back to Astera can be found near the southeast camp.
- Nergigante can only be fought in the Wildspire Wastes in the demo, and does not appear normally. However, you can find Nergigante tracks in the story.
- The Rathian nest area contains several patches of a tar-like substance that burst into flames when struck by a monster's fire attacks.
- The Sinkhole Environmental Trap in area 8 of the Waste requires the presence of a non-aggravated Diablos/Black Diablos within area 13 or 14 to work. It is so far the only Environmental Trap that requires the participation of specific monsters.
- As of the 4th free title update of Monster Hunter: World, Cactuars have become a permanent gameplay element of the locale, being accessible even outside of FFXIV collaboration quests
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.