Zamtrios is a large, quadrupedal monster with grey-blue skin and yellow fins. It is superficially shark-like in appearance, with a long, pointed snout and a mouth filled with multiple rows of sharp teeth. Zamtrios is sometimes seen encased in an ice-like armor, which forms many spines and horns all over its body. As the adult form of Zamite, its limbs are powerful and fully-developed. Its skin is extremely elastic in order to accommodate its inflation abilities.
Zamtrios is capable of shooting powerful torrents of water from its mouth to blast away enemies. It can also travel beneath the ice to launch ambush attacks on prey. Using a specialized reactive fluid that is secreted through its skin, it is capable of encasing itself in an icy armor similar to that of Glacial Agnaktor. The armor also forms a long and jagged spear at the end of its snout. The reactive fluid that forms the armor can be spat by the Zamtrios to immobilize its prey. In addition, it can also fill itself with fluid and swell up to massive proportions. In this state it is capable of rolling and jumping on top of targets in an effort to crush them.
Zamtrios is a predator, known to launch surprise attacks on prey from beneath the sea ice. When sufficiently threatened or enraged, it will secrete a reactive fluid through its skin, which solidifies into an ice-like material, forming an "armor" over its skin to prevent damage.
The Japanese name Zaboazagiru is based on the Japanese words for "demon" and "frozen".
Click on Expand to see contents.
Analysis and Guides
For details, see Zamtrios Guides.
|Zamtrios Analysis for Monster Hunter 4|
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
(Click Image to Zoom)
|Brighter Red means more damage, while Darker Red means lesser damage.|
Credits for the Images used above goes to kei_9 (ケイ) of Pixiv
|Raw Hitzone Damage Data|
|Hitzone||Cutting Damage||Impact Damage||Shot Damage|
|Element Hitzone Damage Data|
|This Monster is weakest to:||Thunder|
|Status Effects Data|
|Item Effectiveness Data|
Analysis Data Source/s:
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Leg (x1)|
|Left Leg (x1)|
|Top Fin (x1)|
- It appears to use the Water element as well as the Ice element when enraged.
- Zamtrios can be killed and carved in its inflated form.
- Zamtrios can use its inflated form to hide its limping and fatigue.
- While inflated, Zamtrios will sometimes drop a shiny from time to time.
- Zamtrios' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Zamtrios gets its nickname Bakesame, literally meaning "Monster Shark", from its unbelievable transformation when it inflates itself and also from its transformation from an adolescent Zamite into an adult in such a short timespan.
- Early concept art of Zamtrios was based on the Basking Shark and Frilled Shark.
- Zamtrios's tail and face can be broken, along with its fin and front legs.
- When underground it can be affected by Sonic Bombs.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- When enraged, Zamtrios will roar, then instantly form its armor.
- Before attacking Zamtrios sometimes does a stance that looks like Nargacuga's "Prowler Stance", but unlike Nargacuga, Zamtrios can turn at the hunter before attacking and it could do any kind of attack depending what the hunter is doing, and where the hunter is.
- When enraged Zamtrios can do this up to three times.
- In G Rank, it takes lesser time to perform attacks while it is in prowler stance.
- When Zamtrios takes a certain amount of damage while enraged or still has its armor on, Zamtrios will inflate itself several times bigger and will attempt to crush the hunter with its massive weight.
- Fortunately because of its massive size and decreased mobility it leaves Zamtrios vulnerable to stronger attacks the hunter couldn't usually use if it was enraged.
- Additionally, the longer Zamtrios is inflated and the more damage it takes, its skin will begin to turn red. When leaving this state Zamtrios will "deflate", releasing a gas that inflicts Iceblight if the Hunter is too close.
- In high rank, Inflated Zamtrios can immediately roll after jumping backwards.
- This monster can swim through ice leaving only the fin on its back visible, much like the Glacial Agnaktor.
- Similar to the Glacial Agnaktor, using Fire element weapons will melt the ice on Zamtrios's body.
- In G Rank, Zamtrios can do a 360º sweeping water beam.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- Like Plesioth and Gobul, Hunters can use Frogs to fish them out.
- During the localization process, the other potential name candidate for Zamtrios was Gnathalos.