|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Zerureusu is a bipedal flying wyvern with mainly ash-white coloring and strange crystal/spike formations that exhibits an inner blue glow similar to Cherenkov Radiation that are distributed evenly across the shelled surface of its body, with exception of the lower neck, underbelly and wing membranes.
Unlike the usual Rathalos species, there's few noticeable physical difference starting from head down:
- The spikes on its wings are shorter and larger in number. Also, instead of started growing from metacarpus area on which a normal Rath's grows, the spikes started from radius bone area.
- The tips of its phalanx (fingers turned into wingtips) are more developed and looked as they have been sharpened to have a cutting edge, much like a Nargacuga's. Especially prominent are the hatchet-like structure in place of two spikes normally owned by Rathalos-kind.
- The wing membranes are decorated with a scretched hexagonal pattern. The rims of the membranes also exhibited the same patterning, ended in making an allusion of a bird's wing instead of a wyvern's.
- Its tail is of a larger proportion compared with other Rathalos species', and of different shape, lacking visible thagomizer and ended with a stout, sharp crystal on the tip.
- Zerureusu leaves trails of different colored particles much like Shantien.
Zerureusu is capable of using Light element attacks. It will also have a trail of red light from its eyes similar to Nargacuga. Other than the attacks it exhibited in the trailer, such as the Dive Bomb, Zerureusu has a brand-new attack when it can immediately perform dubbed as Light Blast Rain after the unique landing style. Zerureusu can also, based on the images in official page, grow its heads', wings' and legs' spikes to empower its attacks.
As the trailer here, its moveset incorporates a Sweeping Elemental Beam that can be performed both on air and on ground, an earth-mowing attack named after the phenomena Earthquake Light, along with the ability to shoot its wing spikes' out and sending orbs of light using those acting as lightning rods.
Zerureusu will learn and react to how it is being hunted, by crystallizing either its head, wings or legs (Tail also hardens when legs do) depending on what damage type it is taking the most. During these different forms, it will have access to new attacks and empowering some existing attacks.
Zerureusu has so far only been seen in the Tower.
- Zerureusu is not the same species as the other Raths or the Unknown (Black Flying Wyvern). However, it is a completely different species closely related to them.
- Though more distantly related, Zerureusu continues the theme of Rathalos and Rathian subspecies being counterparts, its white and blue colour scheme being almost diametrically opposed to Unknown (Black Flying Wyvern)'s black and red.
- Zerureusu is a Burst Species (烈種) of Rathalos.
- Zerureusu's roar requires Super HG earplugs to block.
- Similar to Shantien, Zerureusu leaves behind a trail of blue particles when flying through the air.
- It is immune to shock traps.