The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Zinogre/ジンオウガ (Jin'ōga)|| Class:|
|Power Rating||Trap Interactions|
|Power: 4||Speed: 2||Technique: 5||: Yes/Special||: Yes|
| Trap Notes:
Raw Damage Effectiveness
- Head (twice)
- Front Legs (both legs in unison)
- Tail (sever)
- Rush: Rush forward then turn back at the end. Has a high chance to follow with Charge Up if not in the charged state.
- Charge Up: Gathering Fulgurbugs. Massive opening. No longer use if in the charged state.
- Thundering Charge Up: Gathering Fulgurbugs while also causing lightning to strike around itself. Use after Jumping Attack or a successful Pin Attack in base state. Inflict Thunderblight
- Menacing Stance: Walk menacingly. Nothing happens. Large opening.
- Pin Attack: Pounce at hunter. If successful will cause the hunter to lay down for several seconds.
- Headbutt: Headbutt the hunter. Combo opener.
- Body Tackle: Tackle the left or right side with the whole body.
- Body Press: Press with the upper body. Long wind-up. Create wind pressure.
- Jumping Attack: Jump at hunter. Large recovery time.
- Jump Back: Jump back considerable distance. Generally used between combo.
- Claw Smack: Smack the ground with either left or right claw. Can't be auto-evaded by Temporal Mantle.
- Claw Slam: Heavily slam the ground with either left or right claw.
- Tail Smack: Smacking the tail. Can't be auto-evaded by Temporal Mantle.
- Tail Sweep: Sweeping the tail in a circle either from the left or right side.
- Somersault Tail Slam: Back somersault into a tail slam.
- Turning Tail Swing: Swing the tail while turning back.
- Charged Up Roar: Roar to the sky while entering the charged state.
- Thundering Backslam: Backslam into the ground. Inflict Thunderblight. Large recovery time.
- Thundering Multi-Slam: Somersault into powerful claw slams. The number of slams varies depend on the presence of hunters, palicos, and tailraiders around it. It will change target after each slam. Inflict Thunderblight. Large recovery time.
- Thunder Bullet: Send two Fulgurbug swarms in a curved path. May repeat on the opposite side.
- Counter Combo: Counter if received a large amount of damage to the head or front legs. Start with Claw Smack.
- Charged Enrage Roar: Roar to the sky while entering the raging charged state.
- Claw Smack, Claw Slam and Jumping Attack now inflict Thunderblight.
- Start chaining attacks into combos, for example,
- Headbutt→Body Tackle
- Claw Smack→Somersault Tail Slam→Tail Sweep
Raging Charged State
- Fulgurbug Dance: Send four Fulgurbug swarms in an expanding counter-clockwise motion. Inflict Thunderblight.
- Claw Slam now sends out Fulgurbug swarms forward in a cone shape which inflicts Thunderblight.
- Chain more attacks in each combo, for example,
- Jumping Attack→Claw Smack→Claw Slam→Thundering Backslam
- "When supercharged, parts of the monster become soft, but shock traps no longer work. You can also knock it out of supercharged mode by making it flinch several times. Once it's down, you can use the capture net to collect materials."
- — MHWI In-game Useful Information
- Equipping armor with high thunder resistance to reduce thunder damage. While you can also equip "Thunder Res Jewel" to increase thunder resistance further, it means that you have to sacrifice a decoration slot or two, which can be used to equip offensive decorations.
- Using ice element weapons can increase the damage output, thus causing the hunt to end much quicker, and thus reducing the further mistakes when prolonged.
- Using weapon types that have good mobility to avoid being hit or defensive weapons to tank the damage.
- You can also use countering weapons such as Long Sword and Charge Blade, but make sure that it will not chain another attack, or else you will get hit again after your counterattack.
- Try avoiding getting hit as much as you can, especially the attack that inflicts Thunderblight, since it will make you become stunned more easily.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.